The title of this blog means "very delicious" in Thai. Living abroad has caused me to branch out and experiment in my baking. It is my hope to use this blog to create a helpful catalogue of easy and tasty recipes for myself and others to enjoy. Happy baking!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mmm-Mmm Better Brownies

Source: AllRecipes

I'm a sucker for Betty Crocker box-brownies... but here in Thailand that'll cost you an arm and a leg! Here's a recipe I found that is gooey, chocolatey and delicious! If your pan is larger than 7x7, I suggest you double the recipe. No one wants a wafer-brownie!

Ingredients
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 c. white sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
Directions
In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended.  
Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease your baking pan and spread the batter evenly in it. 
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares. 

1 comment:

  1. I think that's the same recipe I found (and loved) when I moved here! And given our grocery stores, it's especially good since it uses cocoa powder and oil instead of melted chocolate and butter! :)

    ReplyDelete